High Performance - Patented Sprung Flexible Radial Seals
The principle is simple - minimise the leakage gap and provide the maximum interference to leakage. This will greatly increase efficiencies and performance.
The latest range of Flexible Radial seals have the following key design considerations incorporated in them.
- Contact leaves provide an improved bypass seal at all temperatures closing up leakage gaps both at part and full load.
- Leaf configuration, made flexible enough longitudinally to cater for deformed sector plates.
- Specially developed high temperature spring technology optimises flexibility whilst retaining life expectancy.
- Substantial leaf plate that flexes by mechanical means, increases wear life whilst not adversely damaging sector plates due to the unique spring arrangement
Key advantages of PSS contact seals over standard seals are largely resulting from reduced leakage. These are as follows:
- Reduces load on the fan and saves fuel.
- Optimises heat transfer.
- For units limited by fan capacities, free megawatts are achieved.
- Rotor modifications are not required. (Note that rotor modifications for older heaters where there are large sectors is advisable and can be offered by PSS).
- Relatively inexpensive and easy to fit as they are attached to the OEM fixing holes as a direct replacement.